Facility Assessment & Certification Program
Our exclusive certification program is good for business. We help warehouses run more efficiently, and our exclusive WERC Certified badge shows you're a reliable partner.
What is the WERC Facility Assessment & Certification Program?
The Facility Assessment & Certification Program is a comprehensive and fully independent evaluation of overall capabilities and performance of core warehousing functions.
The evaluation is conducted by independent, third-party auditors who use a robust, industry-standard grading methodology that includes a detailed on-site facility inspection as well as an in-depth process assessment. They look at eight key functional areas of warehouse operations, and score each area on a five-point scale. These scores are benchmarked against recommendations included in WERC's Benchmarking & Best Practices Guide, which was completely revised and updated in 2016.
Facilities that meet or exceed the industry standard are awarded the WERC Certified badge.
Learn More About the Assessment Process
How will I benefit?
The certification process offers a fresh, objective perspective on the facility from industry-leading professionals, and fact-based operational insights that are guaranteed to drive meaningful improvements. Our independent auditors provide comprehensive documentation of their findings and conduct an in-depth process improvement workshop with the on-site team. The process helps to ensure that daily work supports the organization's mission, vision, values and long-term goals.
If you're a FACILITY OPERATOR
- The certification process will provide an unbiased, professional review of your warehousing practices.
- Your practices will be benchmarked against established industry standards, so you have a clear understanding of your competitive position.
- You'll get help identifying problems and finding solutions.
If you're a SHIPPER
- The certification process will help identify outsource partners that meet your warehouse process criteria.
- Your sourcing and procurement team will be able to enforce standard process an aptitude levels with their 3PL's.
- You'll get help identifying opportunities for improvement with 3PLs.
If you're a THIRD-PARTY PROVIDER
- The certification process creates assurance for facility operators.
- Facilities can claim "WERC Certified Warehouse" status, enhancing brand visibility within a competitive industry.
Learn More About the Resources We Offer
What is the WERC Certified badge?
The badge is proof that a warehouse has undertaken a rigorous independent audit, and that it meets or exceeds standard industry benchmarks. It puts you in league with a select group of outstanding national and international facilities. It shows that you're proactive and working to become even more efficient and effective.
See a List of Certified Companies
Why choose WERC?
WERC is the only professional organization focused on warehouse and logistics management and its role in the supply chain. Our association is the recognized leader in education and research in the field. We focus solely on advancing the art and science of warehousing/distribution, and on driving the warehousing profession to new levels.
In this role, WERC is committed to helping these professionals keep their distribution systems running smoothly, efficiently and economically. The development and delivery of a set of standards and tools for grading warehouse operations is a part of this effort to continue to support our members and the industry.
Read Our Success Stories
Questions? Fill out this form or call our Customer Service team at 630.990.0001 to learn more.