The following long-range Strategic Framework for the Warehousing Education and Research Council was revised and established by the WERC Board of Directors in April 2017.
The organization’s role is defined in the Mission Statement. The Core Values and Vision Statement identify the overarching principles that motivate and guide the association’s actions. The Core Strategies and Objectives spell out achievements and competencies the organization strives to attain in four key areas: Industry Leadership, Industry Development, Professional Development and Association Development; and the strategies that will be employed to realize them.
V i s i on S t a t e m e n t
WERC helps our members and their companies to succeed by creating unparalleled learning experiences, networking opportunities and access to research-driven industry information.
M i s s i o n S t a t e m e n t
WERC exists to lead the warehousing industry, advance warehousing science and develop competitive advantage for both individuals and corporations.
C o r e V a l u e s
WERC brings together a diverse ecosystem of warehousing and logistics professionals where colleagues engage with each other in a friendly and collaborative manner.
WERC delivers high quality education, relevant research and practical tools for warehousing and logistics professionals to continuously improve.
WERC is a vibrant community known for integrity, honesty and inclusion.
WERC responds to changes in the industry and our stakeholder's needs by delivering the practical tools that enable success in both today's dynamic market and the market of the future.
M e m b e r s
WERC serves logistics, distribution and warehousing professionals.
S t r a t e g i e s a n d O b j e c t i v e s
To be the recognized leader in education and research for the field of warehouse and distribution management and its role in the supply chain.
- Promote and maintain WERC's positive image and credible information in the supply chain industry
- Increase member value through collaboration with individuals and organizations
- Support and develop the WERCouncil program
- Be a good corporate citizen by supporting selective charitable activities and facilitating opportunities for our stakeholders to give back to their communities
- Ensure the sustainability of the industry by developing leaders of tomorrow to keep pace with the dynamic supply chain needs
To advance the art and science of warehousing and distribution technology.
- Research the current state and future direction of the warehousing/distribution industry and its place in the supply chain.
- Be the predominant information resource for the industry.
- Serve members by focusing on topics such as technology, operations, management and leadership.
To provide relevant information and programs that will enhance the knowledge and professional development of members and others in the warehousing and distribution industry.
- Proactively identify and respond to member needs and opportunities.
- Support career enhancement by providing quality educational products and services.
- Provide easy access to high quality educational products and services.
- Provide opportunities for networking to members and prospective members.
- Publish research and management information for personal and professional development.
Leverage the resources of stakeholders to support association objectives.
- Broaden and diversify WERC's membership.
- Attract, develop and recognize a talent-rich WERC staff.
- Cultivate quality volunteer leaders who align with and advance the association's vision and mission.
- Deploy a governance system with clear roles and responsibilities.
Warehousing Education and Research Council is the only professional association focused exclusively on distribution and warehouse management and its role in the supply chain. Members are experts from all facets of the distribution industry who come together to share practical knowledge and professional expertise to improve individual and industry performance.