Reinventing Pick/Put-to-Light with Augmented Reality:
How omni-channel warehouses are achieving Flexible Automation and ROI in less than 90 days
By 2018, retailer Peter Millar faced an acute challenge: year-over-year growth across multiple channels with a rapid increase in direct to consumer web orders. They needed a way to achieve more throughput from their existing warehouse, while also having flexibility to account for future needs as the company expanded further.
Fastforward 90 days, and Peter Millar had achieved a 15% reduction in conveyer volume and reinvented their web order fulfillment process – without large capital investment or construction.
How did they do it? Through a virtual “put wall” delivered via Augmented Reality (AR) and smart glasses on the LogistiVIEW platform, a solution that reinvents order fulfillment by providing software-defined automation that's flexible and adaptable to the needs of tomorrow.
Join us to hear from Seth Patin, CEO of LogistiVIEW of how this omni-channel warehouse:
- Equipped workers with powerful visual and voice instructions on smart glasses to take 15% load off of their conveyor, avoiding costly bottlenecks during holiday peak
- Created virtual put walls that can be moved, expanded, and adjusted on the fly to meet business needs for today, next season, and future unknowns
- Went from idea to full production in less than 90 days – reinventing their order fulfillment in time for same year peak season rush
Flexible automation through AR is delivering results for warehouses today. Automation that’s flexible, responsive, and combines workers with technology to achieve more together. Join us to learn what it can do for you.
Missed This Webinar?
All our past webinars can be viewed in our Online Learning Center. To access WER's Online Learning Center you must be a member or registered-user of werc.org.
Once you have logged into your account:
- Select Quick Links or the Online Learning tab
- Select Catalog
- Click "Launch" to view the webinar
Don't see a launch button? Select the "buy" option and checkout. Follow the prompts on the page. Once completed you should see a "Launch" option. All of our webinars are complimentary to both members and guests.